Yemen Suicide Attack Claims Dozens In Aden

Yemen Suicide Attack

Not less than 60 people have been killed after a suicide car bomb exploded at a military facility in the southern Yemen city of Aden.

Also hit was a training camp, used by the pro-government popular resistance militia.

Islamic State have claimed responsibility for the attack.

IS’s self-styled news agency Amaq told BBC that the group had carried out Monday’s attack.

It comes amid a fresh push to end Yemen’s 17-month old war between Saudi-backed government and rebels.

Some 2.5 million Yemenis have also been displaced as a result of the fighting.

Meanwhile, the government and rebels have responded positively to a new gulf-backed initiative to end the conflict.

The rebels, however said they were prepared to restart negotiations, provided the Saudi-led coalition stopped attacking and laying siege to territories held by them.

The last peace talks in Kuwait earlier in August collapsed.

The Saudi-led coalition has been carrying out air strikes in Yemen since March 2015 in support of the internationally recognised government of President Abedrabbo Hadi.




No comments

Powered by Blogger.